Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Disastrous Date - Tryst of Destiny


JUST MY LUCK - DISASTROUS DAY !!! [Just an incident partly incidental rest puked up !! for a read] [n becuz..I HAD 2 post sumthng ;)] Well, this year [and the years before which vanished mysteriously ] there has been a tumultous onslaught of rains. cuz after 26/7 dese 24/7 rains is no laughing matter. The rains just seem to go on and on as though the Creator has left the Divine Tap open !! and We have to face it, to fight it but never figure it !! So on such a particularly soaking morning, my eyes were torn from my dream by the loudest alarm tone I had set in my mobile [Which wakes Every1 but me !!] . In a dreamy parody, I [thought I] pressed the stop button and almost caught sleep before it wailed again suggesting I had pressed the Snooze button. I had absolutely NO intention of going to college [ this feeling is very strong when the climate is rainy or frigid] but with a jolt I remembered it was the lecture of the Strictest Maam of all of our faculty [name not taken here due to VERY OBVIOUS REASONS. So i hurriedly set to do the morning chores. I had put warm water from the geyser[or so I thought] while I decided what to wear to college that day[the colour of what you wear is directly proportional to your mood - My observation ;)]. I did so and went to bathe, still thinking ; I poured water from the bucket and It was as if I was hit by an icy splurge, I had forgotten to put the switch of the geyser on !! Cursing my luck and a thousand damns with shits, I sumhow bathed, pulled on my clothes, drained the glass of milk in one long draught, took my bag and proceeded to the Bus Stop. It was alreay 6.45, the lecture was supposed to begin at 7 but thanks to the IST- Indian Substandard Time, it never does start on time !! I saw the bus approaching when I realised I dint have my mobile and my wallet,,, !! I could do widout my cel but without your wallet in Mumbai is like going to Las Vegas broke !!! which means There are 200% chances of you spending sumthing. cursing my luck again, damn, shit, I ran home, apparently breathless, grabbed my cel n my purse, while Mom started bickering how Responsible I am ; with the mess You are in [If U ever Are in 1], the last thing You want to have is Sound Effects. I just ran for it, it was 6.50, and the Rain god decided his small respite was over and it began to rain in torrents. I was not only miserable but Pouring, I got the bus at 7.10 and due to the Bus drivers grace [he drives like there is no brakes and makes Narain Karthikeyan feel like a gentleman on a cycle] I reached college panting and running as though my life depended on it , making several other passers by grin [horrible]. I stoped short of the classroom, caught my breath and praying to god entered the classroom [lab] when I saw it was empty. Damn, she had shifted the class elsewhere. fortunately for me, I saw it going directly opposite to it m but over the other side of the lawns. I went there and my friends gave me a look as if I was going to be executed. I peered around and saw her Just as she saw me. She gave a short [but loud] speech on punctuality and why MY bus was late while all the others managed to reach before me, she gave me an angry glare and all i could do was make an apologetic face. She asked me to sit down before carefully chewing the words and spitting it on me. I thought that was all fotr the day, just a bad morning, but It was not to be. I would have written about each 1 of th in detail but again I am not translating the Odessey. it was the Most UNLUCKIEST day I v had. My notes got wet [I had to rewrite 46 pages !! damn shit ! #$%&&@], a speeding vehicle splashed copious amounts of dirty water on my jeans [enough to make Me cringe and my mother scream ], I didn't get a seat in the bus while going back, I burnt the milk I was supposed to be heating on the stove, I slipped and fell [OUCH !!!] :: 1- in my kitchen due to some water on the floor 2- in my bldg due to green fungi I dropped several things, I was mysteriously butter-fingered I forgot to meet my friends and had to endure several minutes of abuse over the cell , clearly audible even while keeping it a foot away from my ear !!! My pc crashed [THAT was The saddest] ......... . . . . . wheeeeeeeew. What to say friends, I feel All those up there, had a good laugh at me [by this time, probably You too] But it just goes to show that NOTHING is in your hands. Things happen the Way they are supposed to happen, You can never take pride in telling I did this, I did that,,,,,,,,,,,, 1 such experience and U will realise [though I hope doesnt happen 2 n e 1] ......... may Be its the Creator's way of asking Us to remind Him at ALL times and not just at the times of adversity and before exams. Well, It was a phenomenal day...........A day I would gladly like to remove from my life, but its an unforgettable Experience................. !!!!!!

1 comment:

Anubha said...

haahaa.. you really had a rough day there.. !! the worst must hav been when ur PC crashed.. I know how it feels.. and abt lectures on Punctuality, I've had enough of those !!! :D
Well, yeah.. God does put us to test just so that we remember him.. and as they always say Man proposes, God disposes.. when something's bound to happen, even a lot of planning and preparation won't stop it ..!
You just gotta take things as they come.. hope ur PC's fine now !! :-)
take care.. !!