Saturday, April 28, 2012

Perfectly Alone




Perfectly Alone

I was all on my own when I got the news
That you had set out on a never-returning cruise,
Without pausing to think, I set out behind,
Cause you were always running in my mind.

My heart hammered a drum roll within my chest,
Because you were leaving forever from our cozy nest,
I won’t, I couldn’t let this happen, I thought,
Cause in my life, unending happiness you had brought.

I pursued you in a frenzy, riding at top speed,
Cause last was the hour and great was the need,
I reached the airport to arrive just in time,
But alas, it was not as I thought, it was another sad rhyme.

You had taken to the skies, even as I came to you,
I stood shell-shocked, this couldn’t be true,
You had slipped through my fingers like sand, forever gone,
I was suddenly doused in darkness, all forlorn.

The first time I saw you, you took my breath away,
Now, in every step I must hopelessly sway,
I was now all alone, in this huge and wide world,
Past memories of you, in my head, swirled.

You live in my heart, yet you don’t know its state,
We both were separated cruelly by Fate,
Without you, how do I keep the sadness away,
Without you, life isn’t worth living even one day.

I now have nothing to do, and nowhere to be,
Fate, has a cruel sense of Irony - it set me free,
I am now perfectly all right, perfectly alone,
I now reside in the dark side which Life has shown.

I have now healed; I am both perfect and alone,
I am fit and fine even with my heart badly torn.
As I look back over it now, it still seems wrong,
But this has only made my love even more strong.

I belong to no one, and no one belongs to me,
Life slowly ebbs on, a lurid fantasy.
I am now all on my own,
Perfectly lonely, and perfectly alone.

-
Aravind K
28.04.2012

2 comments:

Anubha said...

Beautiful.

Loneliness is both peaceful and disturbing.

Nikhil Kumar said...

Wonderful..............very good use of rhymes......and words in general.............very good theme and emotion..........but ends with resilience(that's the best part)........great work man.........Kudos