Monday, March 28, 2016

Daredevil

Daredevil














The night covers me perfectly like a black shroud,
Like the full moon enveloped behind a massive cloud,
I move swiftly, jumping roof after roof,
Lest my fear betray me, my emotions stay aloof.

I scan the city for criminals, ones who rain evil,
Not knowing I keep watch, always a silent vigil.
I befriend the shadows and the darkness within,
My code spares no-one - petty thief or kingpin!

Yet to safeguard my close ones, I have covered my face,
I move in a flash, I scurry in a haste pace.
My actions, so unlike my demeanour, speak louder than my words,
I have been known to wield my silence like a mighty sword.

I fight my inner demons, and my battles have left me scarred,
Some I fail to remember, others that have simply been marred.
Yet, I will keep on fighting till the end of the night,
The flame will never diminish, I will continue to do what's Right!

I have spilt my blood so many times, I have simply lost count
I have given this city everything, more than an infinite amount.
Working ceaselessly, hoping whenever I can without despair,
To bringing justice to the needful, everytime, everywhere! 

I carry the weight of the world, be it one, or a pack,
I fight for my city, bearing others on my back. 
The red they call me, others simply the devil,
These i pay no heed, i continue working my marvel.

My code of ethics isn't flawless, I have lost more than I have won,
Because i will simply not kill for the sake of it, not even once!
I have a light inside me, a small pulse that flares,
A soundless sound, that nothing can overbear.

Some say I'm a hero, some think I'm not worthy to be one,
Others believe I'm evil, they see me as The devil's son.
All this I simply ignore, I choose my own battles,
For always a silent guardian, my city do I effectively handle!

- Aravind K
28.03.2016

No comments: